Growing City is a values-based, fast-growing start up in the recycling market. Over the last year we’ve grown over 80% – we’re now looking to capitalize on that growth and increase our market share throughout the lower mainland by bringing on a Sales Representative for Greater Vancouver.
We’re looking for someone that is eager to grow, set goals, create strategies and reach targets to help us dominate the market.
You will be working with a small and dynamic team on exciting opportunities – if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and proven sales expertise, we want to hear from you! Included are excellent benefits, a generous commission structure, flex hours, unlimited potential for growth, and the opportunity to work with a leader in sustainability. We’re looking for someone to grow along with us!
– Use and maintain a computerized contact management database for various sales territories
– Maintain up to date account of your team’s sales pipeline
– Make sales calls and cold calls, both in person and on the phone
– Generate new leads
– Negotiate with leads and close sales
– Present 5-10 minute introduction to new clients, welcoming them to our team (script already prepared) while dropping off their equipment
– Possess complete understanding and thorough knowledge of your account database and account activity
– Meet and exceed your sales targets
– Foster continuous improvement of your selling skills
– Provide weekly sales and pipeline reports to management team
– Meet KPIs and goals while working remotely
– Have your own vehicle and drive to various locations across the lower mainland
You are the ideal candidate because you:
– Are innovative and always looking to refine your sales strategy
– Bring a wealth of experience and sales leadership, as well as a keen sense of business acumen
– Fearless — not intimidated by the challenge of ‘pitching’ a CEO or president on the phone or in person
– Have the drive to exceed expectations and outperform your peers
– Passion for sustainability
Talents, experience, skills you bring:
– Experience in the property management realm or waste management / recycling realm a HUGE plus.
– Excellent track record of selling solutions and leading team by example
– Previous experience with service based sales in the SME market
– Proven track record of achieving quota based objectives
– Strong leadership and motivational skills
– Exceptional time management skills
– Post secondary diploma or degree, preferably related to business (ex.Diploma in Marketing and Sales, etc)
– Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, with preference given to those with good negotiation skills
– Amazing customer service skills!
– This position has an industry competitive monthly base and monthly commission structure. The remuneration package will be discussed in more detail at the time of the personal interview.
– You’ll also receive fully sponsored medical and dental benefits after the first 3 months.
Hours are flexible so long as your goals and responsibilities are met to 100% satisfaction
We thank all those interested in this opportunity; however, only those short-listed shall be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!
Do you like working independently while being part of a great and growing team?
If you said YES to the above, then this job is for YOU!
*We WILL sponsor permanent residencies for the right candidate!*
We are looking to hire full-time Driver Team Members who will represent our company by offering exceptional service to our growing client-base. We currently operate Monday to Saturday.
As a Driver Team Member, you will provide excellent customer care our clients on a daily basis by:
– Operating a hydraulic arm, and a hydraulic compactor to tip totes
– Collecting their recycling or organic waste totes from their offices, and/or from commercial and residential properties and switching them for clean ones;
– Weighing the totes collected during each service;
– Responding to dispatched emergency pick-up, new bin drops and other daily service requests;
– Spotting opportunities for new business and referring our clients to a sales agent;
– Driving, operating and maintaining our fleet of vehicles (3-5 tonne trucks);
– Using dispatch devices to track service stops and update your routes
– Driving and parking in high traffic areas
The minimum requirements for this position are:
– Physical strength (you may be required to lift heavy items); You must be comfortable lifting up to 50lbs
– A valid BC Driver’s license or equivalent (minimum Class 5);
– Safe Driving record (5 year history with no accidents)
– Experience with driving a 3-tonne truck or larger vehicle an asset!
– Fluency in English (written and spoken);
– Eligible to work in Canada;
– Comfortable with drug testing and must pass a criminal background check
– Must be comfortable getting a little dirty 🙂
Ideal Candidate Qualities and Assets
Ideal candidates for this role have some or all the following attributes:
– Works well in a team but is also a self-starter who works well independently;
– Has experience in customer service and likes working with people;
– Is solutions-oriented;
– Is safety-minded;
– Is passionate about the environment;
– Has an energetic and positive personality!
– Has waste management and/or delivery driving experience – a huge asset!
– Comfortable driving in traffic, and good working knowledge of Vancouver a huge plus!
Your service is excellent!
We don’t usually get that level of service with our waste provider.
We’ve thoroughly enjoyed having Growing City on our site and thank you and your team for helping us make such a positive change to our behaviours and the environment!
We would like to tell you how satisfied we are with your compost service! Growing City has such friendly staff and the customer service is always helpful.
Great to hear that you’re growing. Doesn’t surprise me, we hear nothing but good things from our Councils.